My name is Grace. I have a degree in Linguistics with a minor in Comparative Religion, and when people ask me what I can do with that I usually respond: "starve, mostly." Because that's mostly what you do.
What it means for this blog is that I am very talkative, very opinionated, and extremely educated in a plethora of thrilling and unfortunate ways, and it will probably make all of our lives a little bit more difficult than they really need to be, in the end. Admittedly it will mostly be my life which is made more difficult, but since you are here you get to watch, and won't that be exciting? Yes. I thought so.
I made this blog because I think about a lot of things at once. I am queer and care a lot about GLBTQI issues, which will show up a lot here. I am female-bodied and care a lot about feminism, which will show up here. I wear clothing larger than a size 12 (most days)* and care a lot about the fat acceptance movement, which will show up here. If any of these things make you uncomfortable or angry, you should probably leave for the sake of your blood pressure. You are absolutely welcome (until such a time that you prove yourself to be an unconscionable cock-rocket) but you may not find this blog to be a very good place to spend your time.
These three things make up the core of this blog, but you will also likely see art, technobabble, fashion, baking, fiction, and stupid pictures of my enormously fat cat, Daisy. Because that is just how I roll. Unfortunately it is also how Daisy rolls. Because she is so dang fat.
* I'm an inbetweenie (/ɪnbiˈtuiːni/ n. a person, typically femme-presenting, who can comfortably shop in neither straight-size clothing stores nor plus-size clothing stores). Even when it comes to my physical body I live in liminal space.
No comments:
Post a Comment